Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > In need of some help/supporthttp://www.w...
In need of some help/supporthttp://www.walmart.com/ip/Tramontina-10-Piece-Tri-Ply-Clad-Cookware-Set-Stainless-Steel/22984414?action=product_interest&action_type=title&item_id=22984414&placement_id=irs-106-m2&strategy=PWVAV&visitor_id&category=&client

2370 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2015-09-18 16:32:18

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    Jan
    2015-09-18 15:06:41
    So I had my maxisys for a little over a year now. I had to make one rma request. When I got the new unit I had been getting system update has crashed warnings and wifi dropouts I dealt with it for awhile until today I checked for updates daily and have noticed nothing new for the past few months so today tired of the warnings I did a system reset. The system came back up and I was still haveing problems so I figured why not try to remove a app and see if I can redownload it thinking maybe there really is no updates... so the problem is I removed BMW and it will not redownload! I logged onto autels site for the first time in almost a year and I was told my "subscription was expired" I was under the impression that updates were free for the life of the device as they were with my previous autel tools now I am stuck with a broken system and no way to use the bmw software, I did some digging around in the system and can see the program data files still exist for the bmw app version 7. Now I am debating whether I should pay the renewal fee or not I cannot reach tech support by phone I have been calling all day if I pay will I be screwed again and why would I have to pay for somthing that was somewhat working and already paid for. So I am here with my last hope to fix this thing. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    Jan
    2015-09-18 15:10:50 (Reply to:Jan)
     And if a mod can fix the topic a bookmark must have fallen in there.... :-/

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    Jan
    2015-09-18 15:25:33
     If I go into history I can connect to a previously scanned bmw so the software has to still be there just no icon.

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-09-18 16:32:18 (Reply to:Jan)

well I would continue to try and get through to support. However I think you might end up doing a complete reinstall. Back up your files first so you can save your history. As for updates being free they have never been free past the first year for the maxisys line. The maxidas did end up going to 2 years but that was because autel did not have a system in place to deal with the subscriptions. So in the end if your going to have to start downloading files you will need a subscription.
  Total1 Pages